Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Question 2a: the one that won't go away

My attitude toward the media coverage of government before taking this course was curiosity. I had just taken Media and Government last spring and so this class was very much in keeping with many of the themes from last semester. I enjoyed both of these classes very much because of the open dialogue that we always shared in the classroom and the opportunity to look at things from new and different perspectives. Having watched the primaries play out last spring and discussing many of the media issues in regards to that, I was curious and excited to take this class and interested in seeing the election, and it’s coverage, play out in real time. I feel that I am a much more concerned and aware citizen than I was prior to these courses and that learning about politics in this type of forum has helped me to become far more knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the world around me.

One of the things that I will take away from this class and found so valuable was the websites and articles we viewed. I now have an RSS feed to many of these websites on my Google homepage so that I can access the information anytime I want. I feel it is important to be up to date on current events including politics and that due to the varying opinions in the world you have to seek out multiple sources of information and draw your own conclusions.

There is not anything that I wanted to learn and didn’t. I enjoyed this class very much and felt very fulfilled by the structure and dialogue.

No comments: